In-Person Worship Procedures
Worship in church will look a little different than it did before COVID. We are committed to both your physical and spiritual health, so please be patient with us as we work together to create meaningful worship experiences that follow public health guidance. We also encourage you to get vaccinated; all VA residents 12+ are eligible to be vaccinated at not cost!
As an in-person worshipper, you will:
- Read the protocols for service participation.
- Sign in each week to attest to your health and vaccination status and for contact tracing.
- Wear a mask over your mouth and nose at all times.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet between non-household groups.
- Follow the rules and requests made regarding health procedures.
As a church, we will:
- Stay home if we are feeling under the weather and experiencing any of the symptoms here.
- Limit our gathering to no more than 30 people.
- Contact you if anyone in worship with you later indicates they received a COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Limit access to just the sanctuary, foyer, bathrooms, and the hallway.
- End the service and have everyone leave immediately if anyone refuses to adhere to the rules set forth.
- Continue to offer online worship as well.
As with any new worship experiment, we look forward to your support as we try this new hybrid worship adventure! Please send any feedback or suggestions for how to improve to email@example.com. We appreciate you bearing with us.
Virtual Worship Access
We will also be sharing worship online Sundays at 11 am through our Facebook page and on Zoom (Meeting ID: 816 7607 9245 | Passcode: 661427). If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for tech support.
Life in Christian Community during COVID
Even if you are continuing to stay home due to the pandemic, we encourage you to be in community and connect with others virtually. Here are a few ways to take care of your spiritual, emotional, and physical health.
- Reach out! Pastor Betsy is available by phone, email, during office hours, or to meet with by appointment for any pastoral needs.
- Practice holiness at home: pray, read the Bible, and be kind to those on your quaranteam.
- Pass the peace by reaching out to friends via text message, email, letter, card, or call.
- Pray for those sick with coronavirus and all healthcare workers, janitors, and orderlies, medical researchers, grocery and delivery personnel, teachers, and other essential workers.
- Give your offering online. In addition to supporting our church, you can donate to Food for Others, a local partner serving those in need at this difficult time, UMCOR, and other ongoing missions.
- Listen to your favorite hymns and spiritual songs (YouTube has some wonderful choir arrangements like this rendition of Abide with Me).
- Still worshipping at home? Request a hymnal and a copy of the Faith We Sing, so you can sing along!
- Like our Facebook page for uplifting content and to connect to the life of the church.
- Enjoy some fresh air and exercise each day to calm your mind, body, and spirit.
If you have other ideas to add to the list or need any help, email email@example.com, Facebook message us, or contact Pastor Betsy.